The Robotic Process Automation Foundation (RPAF) course is an introduction to RPA concepts and technologies, and how they can be used in professional organizations to increase quality and efficiency. By using Robotic Process Automation, organizations can automate repetitive processes and tasks, making processes more lean and effective.
Robotic Process Automation has quickly risen in popularity in recent years, mainly driven by an increased focus on automation practices in the financial and insurance industry. Gartner research indicates RPA technologies can help reduce operational costs with 30% by 2024. The main benefits of Robotic Process Automation include improved customers satisfaction, increased operational efficiency, and higher levels of quality.
The RPA Foundation course is a vendor-neutral, comprehensive and practical course that explains the fundamentals of RPA technology, as well as the workflow design aspects and techniques. The course covers practical guidance that will teach you how to set up bots that execute processes, and how your organization can set the first steps with the implementation of RPA. The course curriculum of the RPA Foundation course is fully aligned with the structure of the Service Automation Framework.
In this course, participants will get an overview of the fundamental drivers and technologies that make up Robotic Process Automation. Participants will learn how to design automated processes, and how to use robots and scripts to automate workflows and processes. Additionally, the course also covers quality criteria for RPA design, as well as implementation best practices. This course positions learners to successfully complete the Robotic Process Automation Foundation certification exam.
The course objectives of the Robotic Process Automation Foundation course include a practical understanding of:
- The history of robotic process automation and its core benefits.
- The business drivers for robotic process automation.
- How RPA can help organizations reduce operational costs, whilst remain high-quality of service.
- The inter-relationship between Robotic Process Automation, Service Automation and Business Process Automation.
- The technical structure and components of RPA platforms.
- RPA workflow design methodologies and activity planning (variables, arguments, data types and collections.
- Specification of sequence and control flow in workflow design.
- Common RPA functions and techniques, including Excel automation, database automation, text extraction and email automation .
- Monitoring aspects of RPA, including logs, audit, alerts, and role management.
- RPA quality controls and exception handling of workflows.
- Automation Orchestration for managing automation tasks and actions.
- The structure and setup of RPA projects in organizations and the setup of the RPA Centre of Excellence.
- Continual improvement practices for RPA.