The candidate who meets criteria of the Enterprise Big Data Professional (EBDP) Examination should as a minimum be able to recall, recognize and demonstrate understanding of the theories, design elements, processes and techniques as outlined in the Big Data Framework.
Specifically, (s)he should be able to demonstrate this understanding by being able to:
- Explain the history and context of Big Data in comparison to traditional data analysis techniques and solutions.
- Describe the fundamental characteristics of data analysis, big data, machine learning and artificial intelligence and the differences between these concepts.
- Describe how to formulate a Big Data strategy that underpins the business drivers of Big Data and Big Data solutions in order to capture the value proposition of Big Data.
- Discuss the high-level principles and design elements of contemporary Big Data architectures and explain their core benefits.
- Explain fundamental Big Data algorithms and processing techniques in order to select the appropriate techniques to solve practical Big Data problems.
- Identify how to apply the Big Data processes that are necessary in enterprise organizations to capture value from massive quantities of data.
- Explain key functions, roles and competences in organizations that are necessary to capture long-term value from Big Data.
- Understand the importance and concept of Artificial Intelligence and its relation to Big Data methods and solutions.
This qualification is aimed at individuals who require a working knowledge of the key principles of Big Data, who need to know the terminology used and some of the theory behind the practice. The target audience of the Enterprise Big Data Professional (EBDP) qualification therefore includes:
- Data & Business Analysts
- Digital Marketers
- IT Professionals
- Data Science Professionals
- IT Managers
- IT Architects
All Enterprise Big Data Professional examinations are administered through APMG-International and can be taken either paper-based or online.
- The exam consists of 60 multiple-choice questions
- The duration of the exam is 90 minutes
- The pass mark is 65% (39 questions)
- The pass mark for a trainer qualification is 75% (45 questions)
The official EBDP course syllabus and sample exam are all available for download on this page.
Cybiant offer the following learning options for this course:
Self-Paced-Online Learning - 3 months access
If your a choosing the Self-Paced-Online (SPO) learning option, you will complete the course on your own time, in your own pace. Cybiant will provide you with access to an online learning environment where you can watch videos, and practice with sample questions. The SPO option provides access for 3 months, and includes the official exam.
Virtual Training - 2x2hours per day
If you are choosing the virtual training learning option, you will participate in a live course by a Cybiant instructor, which is delivered 100% online. You will receive meeting invitations to participate in the live lectures through the Zoom platform. There will be 2 x 2-hour sessions per day, so this option does provide you with flexibility to plan some other work. All sessions are recorded, in case you miss any of the session. All virtual training courses include the official examination, which will be taken online on the last day of class.
Classroom Training - full day
If you are choosing the classroom training option, you will participate in this training in a live class in a 5-star hotel. This training option provides you with the opportunity to discuss topics in detail with other course participants, and learn from their experience. You will be trained by one of our Cybiant experts, and will complete the exam on the last day of class. Training is conducted daily, based on the following time schedule:
Start time: 09:00 UTC+08
End time: 17:00 UTC+08