In this SIAM Foundation course, you will learn how to apply the service integration and management (SIAM) methodology for more effective supplier and vendor management. Many organizations outsource part of their IT services. Whether it is scaling to meet business needs, lowering costs, or driving innovation, managing multiple suppliers is complex and challenging and many of today’s multi-vendor outsource models have failed to deliver against expectations.
The increasing complexity of the IT value chain and the rise of multi-vendor supplier eco-systems has driven the need for a new approach: Service Integration and Management (SIAM). Service integration and management (SIAM) is an advanced method explicitly designed to help you manage multiple service providers effectively and efficiently. SIAM gives you the tools you need to get everyone aligned with your organization’s service management goals.
The SIAM Foundation course provides governance, management, integration, assurance, and coordination to ensure that the customer organization gets maximum value. Whether you only use external service providers, or a combination of both internal and external resources, SIAM delivers.
This Service Integration and Management training course helps participants along the road to implementing SIAM at their organization. The SIAM Foundation course and certificate are also aimed at IT suppliers who wish to standardize their service integration and management model for multiple clients. The aim of the SIAM methodology is to translate work processes into technology in order to have an automated and constantly updated picture of workflow data and be able to focus on end-to-end performance. This course is therefore also perfect for professionals who want to work with the SIAM methodology in combination with Lean IT, Agile Project Management, DevOps and/or IT4IT; and those who realize that a SIAM mindset and SIAM-related technology can help improve flow efficiency.
The Service Integration and Management Foundation training course starts by examining the foundations of operational IT delivery processes and the related process data that determines the end-to-end performance of these processes. SIAM builds an IT ecosystem on the foundations of the operational IT processes. After passing the SIAM Foundation exam, you will understand:
- Service integration, SIAM technology and related key terms, the benefits of and processes needed to build a SIAM organization and IT ecosystem, and the relationship of SIAM to other process standards like ITIL and COBIT
- SIAM from the perspective of sourcing, sourcing governance, general governance structures and SIAM governance
- Measured values, performance analyses and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Performance-based management, IT value streams, workflow and flow efficiency, SIAM software and data selection, the relationship of SIAM to Lean IT, Agile, DevOps (CI/CD) and the automation of IT delivery and orchestration (IT4IT)
- SIAM-implementation structures, SIAM roles and responsibilities
- Business case for SIAM
- Challenges, risks and organizational change (change management) involved in implementing SIAM