Excellent Service Desk support is vital to ensure a company consistently delivers the required IT service levels. The responsibilities of the support analyst are many and they evolve constantly, so a diverse skillset is required to meet the challenging demands placed on them.
The Service Desk Analyst qualification course is for front-line IT service and support analysts with some experience in a first line or second line service desk environment. This course is perfect for analysts looking to grow in their role and gain a recognised qualification in their profession. This course will help them to develop practical skills whilst earning a certificate that endorses their commitment and knowledge.
The course also looks at support methodologies and technologies and the tools utilized within the Service Desk. It reviews issues such as Service Level Agreements, the benefits and pitfalls and the importance of metrics; the implementation of service management processes and effective problem-solving techniques that a Service Desk Analyst can utilize. It is based upon the standards and objectives for SDI’s Service Desk Analyst qualification and ensures that delegates are provided with the knowledge, information and tools to take the SDA exam.
The importance of delivering high quality customer service in today’s support environment means that the responsibilities of IT support analysts are many and, as a result, a diverse skillset is required to meet the constantly evolving and increasing challenging demands placed on them. Excellent customer service through efficient IT support – whether it be face-to-face, via email, over the phone, by IM/SMS or through social media channels to its agreed IT service levels. This course equips analysts with the essential skills for delivering an excellent level of customer service and support.
This course contains 11 modules that are core to the role of a service desk analyst:
- Roles and responsibilities– learn about everything you need to know about being an efficient and effective service desk analyst and the key concepts required to deliver effective support
- Relationship management– discover the importance of teamwork, customer relationships and cultural awareness, best practice customer service, dealing effectively with difficult situations and teamwork
- Effective communication skills and competencies– identify and develop the core competencies of communication required on the service desk
- Effective rapport and conflict management skills– learn how to deal successfully with a variety of people and situations, including the difficult ones
- Quality assurance activities– review the importance of quality processes, customer satisfaction surveys and the benefits of metrics
- Effective processes management– establish the need for processes and procedures for call handling and how to create high-quality documentation
- IT Service Management– learn about the role of the service desk in the incident management process such as best practice procedures for escalations, problem, change and IT service continuity management, effective knowledge and service level management, IT security
- Problem-solving– examine the process and practice the techniques
- Service Desk Technologies – Identify common technologies and examine the methods of support used by the service desk such as remote support, desk-side support, online chat, self-service and self-help
- Tools and technologies– gain an insight into the basics of PBX, ACD and IP telephony, CTI, self-service and self-healing technology
Students will receive a Service Desk Analyst classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams. All Classroom Workbooks are standard delivered as printed materials.