The R language is a functional programming environment for business analysts and data scientists. It’s a language that many non-programmers can easily work with, naturally extending a skill set that is common to high-end Excel users. It’s the perfect tool for when the analyst has a statistical, numerical, or probabilities-based problem based on real data and they’ve pushed Excel past its limits.
This two-day R Programming Foundation course equips data analysts or aspiring data analysts with the fundamental knowledge about the R language, and equips them with the skills to analyze Big Data sets with R. In this hands-on course, you will practice with real case studies, and you will look at enterprise problems that can help to establish data driven decision making.
The purpose of the R Programming Foundation training and qualification is to learn how to use the R programming language to solve Big Data problems, based on Enterprise requirements. This course consists of 7 modules plus 1 examination module:
- Module 1 – Introduction to R.Installation and configuration of R and R IDE. Background and history of the R programming language.
- Module 2 – Basic Operations in R. Learn the most common operations in R, from importing data sets to basic calculations and declaration of variables.
- Module 3 – Common Data Structures. In this module, the most common data structures and data are discussed, including lists, factors, data frames and matrices.
- Module 4 – Data Cleaning Operations. Learn the most essential data cleaning operations in R, such as dealing with missing or corrupt data.
- Module 5 – Data Wrangling. Data wrangling transforms your source data into data sets that can be analyzed and are easier to understand. In this module, core data wrangling operations are presented.
- Module 6 – R Functions and Control Structures. Basic programming operations in the R language, such as for and while loops and other functions.
- Module 7 – R and Big Data. Introduction to basic Big Data algorithms and the way they can be used to solve Enterprise Big Data objectives.
The R Programming Foundation training and qualification enables participants with the right and up-to-date knowledge to familiarize themselves with the R Programming language and pass the “R Programming Foundation” examination.