Change is inevitable. For many organizations change can become a regular occurrence. Accordingly, dealing with change and, more significantly, the impact of change, is a high priority for organizations. It is therefore important that individuals have the opportunity to develop their capabilities to deal with change before, during and after it occurs.
The Organizational Change Management training programs and qualifications are designed to help organizations and their people manage the impact of change. The underlying guidance and supporting training courses are designed to equip individuals with the knowledge, theories and techniques to effectively plan and implement successful change initiatives.
The Organizational Change Management training programs explore how change affects, and is affected by, individuals, teams, organizations and change leaders, helping those responsible for change initiatives to:
- Unlock resistance to change
- Provide effective support and motivation to individuals and teams to embrace change
- Draw from a range of professional approaches to implement change smoothly and effectively
- Manage and inform key stakeholders throughout the change process
- Speed up the implementation of change initiatives.
Working in partnership with the Change Management Institute, the syllabus and exams are based on The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook, designed to teach areas of knowledge defined by the Change Management Institute’s Change Management Body of Knowledge (CMBoK).
The Organizational Change Management Practitioner program will refine the knowledge gained during the Foundation course and prepare participants for the APMG Change Management Practitioner certification exam.
More specifically the Change Management Practitioner training course aims to:
- Develop the participant’s ability to apply change management principles and models in different situations and scenarios.
- Prepare participants for the 2.5 hour APMG Change Management Practitioner certification exam.
This Organizational Change Management Practitioner training is a scenario-based program focusing on the application of change management principles, models, documents, techniques and roles. The training includes review, revision and sample exam sessions aimed at refining each participant’s understanding of commonly accepted change management practices with focus on individual change, organizational change and stakeholder planning and communications engagement.
By attending this Practitioner change management course participants will improve understanding of:
- Recognized change management models
- The links between change and individual learning objectives
- The use of portfolio, programme and project management as models to govern change
- Application of organizational levers to support change
This program will also provide techniques for approaching the practitioner certification exam. Please note that the Organizational Change Management Foundation certificate is a pre-requisite for this course.