The ITIL 4 Managing Professional transition module is designed to allow ITIL v3 candidates who have already invested to easily transition across to ITIL 4. They can gain the designation of ITIL 4 Managing Professional via one course and one exam.
The transition module enables candidates to recognise their previous achievements while still gaining the up-to-date skills and knowledge needed to navigate the digital service economy.
The module will provide information on the key elements of the following modules from ITIL 4 Managing Professional:
- ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver and Support
- ITIL 4 Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value
- ITIL 4 Specialist High Velocity IT
- ITIL 4 Strategist Direct Plan and Improve.
The course will also provide an introduction and cover the key concepts found in ITIL 4 Foundation.
To take the transition module, all candidates must be at Expert level or have a minimum of 17 v3 credits. Candidates can continue to collect their v3 Intermediate or Practitioner credits to enable them to be eligible to take the transition module when it is launched.
The ITIL 4 Managing Professional transitions certification provides Service Managers with the tools they need to co-create value through service delivery. It gives advice on focus and value-delivery and guidance on working with business stakeholders to optimize services.
During this course, participants will transition from ITIL V3 to ITIL 4 and will learn the following subjects:
- Understand the key concepts of service management;
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization to adopt and adapt service management;
- Understand the four dimensions of service management;
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system;
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect;
- Understand how to plan and build a service value stream to create, deliver, and support services;
- Know how relevant ITIL practices contribute to the creation, delivery and support across the SVS and value streams;
- Know how to create, deliver and support services;
- Understand how customer journeys are designed;
- Know how to foster stakeholder relationships;
- Know how to shape demand and define service offerings;
- Know how to onboard and offboard customers and users;
- Know how to act together to ensure continual value co-creation (service consumption / provisioning);
- Know how to realize and validate service value;
- Understand concepts regarding the high-velocity nature of the digital enterprise, including the demand it places on IT;
- Understand the digital product lifecycle in terms of the ITIL ‘operating model’;
- Understand the importance of the ITIL guiding principles and other fundamental concepts for delivering high velocity IT;
- Understand the scope of what is to be directed and/or planned, and know how to use key principles and methods of direction and planning in that context;
- Understand the role of GRC and know how to integrate the principles and methods into the service value system;
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of Communication and Organizational Change Management to direction planning and improvement.
This training course will introduce the new concepts of the ITIL 4 Framework and explain the differences with ITIL V3.
Please note that this ‘Transition’ Module is only available for a limited period of time.