ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation Training
Demand is growing for organizations to demonstrate their adherence to best practice for Information Security. If you’re considering the ISO/IEC 27001 certification for your organization, completing this course will give you the confidence to achieve this security milestone. In the ISO 27001 Foundation training, you’ll learn essential knowledge of what is required to get your organization certified to this international standard. First, you will learn how to download and interpret the standard documentation and formal text. Next, you’ll learn the process you need to go through to attain certification.
ISO/IEC 27001 (ISO 27001) is an international standard for Information Security management. It provides a model to establish, implement, maintain and continually improve a risk-managed Information Security Management System (ISMS). The ISO 27001 Foundation training will provide an overview of the key elements of the standard.
The standard forms the basis for effective management of sensitive, confidential information and for the application of information security controls. An organization that conforms to the ISO 27001 standard possesses clear, objective proof of its commitment to continued improvement of control over its sensitive and confidential information.
ISO 27001 therefore provides reassurance to sponsors, shareholders and customers that the organization has expert control over its risk management and data security. Due to the diversity of different organizations’ information assets – the ISO 27001 standard is adaptable according to an organization’s requirements. The design and implementation of the ISMS is tailored to the organization’s objectives, information assets, operational processes, governing legal requirements and regulatory security requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
ISO 27001 Foundation Learning Objectives
The purpose of the ISO 27001 Foundation qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge of the contents and high level requirements of the ISO 27001 standard, and understands at a foundation level how the standard operates in a typical organization.
The ISO 27001 Foundation qualification is designed to provide the basic knowledge of IS 27001 required as a pre-requisite for the ISO 27001 Practitioner – Information Security Officer qualification.
The ISO 27001 Foundation training course will help candidates to:
- The scope and purpose of ISO 27001 and how it can be used;
- The key terms and definitions used in the ISO 27000 series;
- The fundamental requirements for an ISMS in ISO 27001 and the need for continual improvement;
- The processes, their objectives and high level requirements;
- Applicability and scope definition requirements;
- Use of controls to mitigate Information Security risks;
- The purpose of internal audits and external certification audits, their operation and the associated terminology;
- The relationship with best practices and with other related International Standards: ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 20000.
There is no pre-requisite for the Foundation qualification but an interest and/or background in information security or service management would be an advantage.
“After being trained by Cybiant, I feel more capable of leading my organisation in a more data-driven direction.”
“The trainers at Cybiant are exceptionally professional. A great learning experience overall.”
“Cybiant truly delivers leading next generation skills. My employees feel more confident in their working environment.”
Course Materials and Additional Information
Detailed information and additional resources about the ISO 27001 Foundation training:
This qualification is aimed at those who are:
- Supporting the implementation, operation or maintenance of an ISMS within an organization
- Required to audit an ISMS and to have a basic understanding of the standard
- Working within an organization with an ISMS, whether the organization is already certified or is considering certification to ISO 27001
- Preparing for the ISO 27001 Practitioner – Information Security Officer qualification
The ISO 27001 Foundation Exam (by APMG-International) is structured in the following way:
- Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks or more required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40-minute duration
- Closed book
Download the syllabus
CALENDAR AND REGISTRATION
Planned and Upcoming Courses
The following dates have currently been planned for open enrollment: