The Agile Project Management courses (AgilePM®) address the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who want to be Agile. The Agile Project Management Practitioner qualification aims to demonstrate that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile project management guidance to apply and tailor it to a given scenario. This scenario is designed to allow you to demonstrate your competence to begin working as an Agile project manager on a non-complex project.
In the Agile Project Management Practitioner training, you will learn to combine flexibility with proven process for successful agile project delivery. Agile’s influence on the project management industry continues to rise at pace. More organizations and project professionals than ever are embracing agile tools and frameworks as they aim to increase the success of – and return on investment from – projects and other change initiatives. Key benefits often attributed to agile include improved revenue and speed to market, developing the right product or solution (through iterative development and incremental delivery) and increased collaboration and customer satisfaction.
The Agile Project Management Practitioner level empowers, encourages and equips you with an in-depth knowledge of not just the certification, but also how to apply and implement these principles into the life of a project manager on a daily basis. This course runs for three days with the Agile Project Management Practitioner exam at the end of the last day. The course will cover:
- revision of Agile material based on the manual
- Practitioner exam preparation and the specimen exam paper practice
- Practitioner exam
An agile business is an organisation that embraces the agile project management philosophy and values at its core, from its people and culture, to its structure and technology. Consequently, an agile business is customer centric. An agile business can respond quickly and effectively to opportunities and threats found in its internal and external environments (be they commercial, legal, technological, social, moral or political).
Based on the Agile Business Consortium’s Agile Project Framework, AgilePM guidance offers a practical, scalable and repeatable methodology that achieves an ideal balance between the standards, rigour and visibility required for good project management, and the fast-pace, change and empowerment provided by agile.
The Agile Project Management Practitioner level qualification aims to measure whether the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile Project Management guidance to apply and tailor it to a given scenario situation. The scenario is designed to allow the candidate to demonstrate they possess the competence to begin working as an Agile Project Manager on a non-complex project.
The candidate should understand the key principles and terminology within the Agile Management Practitioner guidance. Accredited training and certification will help individuals to:
- Apply the underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile Project Management in a project situation;
- Appropriately configure the lifecycle of an Agile project to a given scenario;
- Produce and evaluate the content of Agile products produced during an Agile project in a given scenario;
- Apply the following Agile techniques in a project situation: Facilitated Workshops; MoSCoW prioritization; Iterative Development; Modelling; Time-boxing
- Identify the Agile techniques to be used for a given situation within a scenario;
- Understand the roles and responsibilities within an Agile project and correctly determine the appropriate personnel to fulfil these roles within a given scenario;
- Understand the mechanisms for control of an Agile Project which are specific to an Agile project;
- Understand in outline how to test, estimate and measure progress in an Agile project;
- Describe the Agile approach to managing requirements and identify action to rectify problems with requirements within an Agile project from a given scenario;
The Agile Project Management Practitioner qualification aims to measure whether the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile Project Management guidance to be able to apply the theory and concepts towards a case study. In order to sit the Practitioner exam, the Agile Project Management Foundation is a prerequisite.