Agile Project Management Foundation Training
Combine flexibility with proven processes for successful agile project delivery with the Agile Project Management training and certification. The Agile Project Management Foundation certification provides you with the core principles you need to facilitate a successful project, while allowing a degree of scope and agility that not many other methodologies provide. With a clear, concise and detailed perspective on project productivity, the AgilePM certification is useful to all candidates and competency levels ranging from highly experienced project managers to those new to the industry.
Agile’s influence on the project management industry continues to rise at pace. More organizations and project professionals than ever are embracing agile tools and frameworks as they aim to increase the success of – and return on investment from – projects and other change initiatives. Key benefits often attributed to agile include improved revenue and speed to market, developing the right product or solution (through iterative development and incremental delivery) and increased collaboration and customer satisfaction.
Agile Project Management is it the ability of an organisation to:
- Adapt quickly to market changes – internally and externally
- Respond rapidly and flexibly to customer demands
- Adapt and lead change in a productive and cost-effective way without compromising quality
- Continuously be at a competitive advantage
Business agility is concerned with the adoption of the evolution of values, behaviours and capabilities. These enable businesses and individuals to be more adaptive, creative and resilient when dealing with complexity, uncertainty and change leading to improved well-being and better outcomes.
The training has a balance of theory and practical experience of the techniques of Agile project management. The Agile Project Management Framework will:
- explain how to lay the foundations for successful Agile projects
- explain how an Agile project is managed
- clarify the different management styles needed for successful Agile projects (compared to ‘traditional’ projects)
- prepare you for the Foundation exam
- provide integration with PRINCE2®
Based on the Agile Business Consortium’s Agile Project Framework, AgilePM guidance offers a practical, scalable and repeatable methodology that achieves an ideal balance between the standards, rigour and visibility required for good project management, and the fast-pace, change and empowerment provided by agile.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Agile Project Management Foundation Learning Objectives
The Agile Project Management Foundation training and certification is a 2-day program in which the core components of the Agile Project Management handbook are covered. The course discusses roles and responsibilities, agile project management stages and agile product. The qualification aims to measure whether the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile Project Management Foundation guidance to be able to recognize and distinguish between the key elements of the approach. The Agile Project Management Foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the Agile Project Management Practitioner qualification.
The candidate should understand the key principles and terminology within the Agile Management Foundation guidance. Accredited training and certification will help individuals to:
- Deliver quicker, cost-effective and low risk change by embracing a tried and tested agile approach to project management.
- Understand the background of agile in project management and the differences compared to traditional / alternative approaches.
- Adopt the core principles, concepts and processes required for successful agile projects.
- Apply the AgilePM approach to projects and embrace an evolutionary development approach for more effective solutions.
- Boost communication and stakeholder engagement skills critical for successful projects.
- Understand the different management styles needed for successful agile projects compared to traditional projects.
- Become an informed member of a project team using AgilePM practices.
The Agile Project Management Foundation-level qualification aims to measure whether the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile Project Management Foundation guidance to be able to recognise and distinguish between the key elements of the approach. The Foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the Agile Project Management Practitioner qualification.
“After being trained by Cybiant, I feel more capable of leading my organisation in a more data-driven direction.”
“The trainers at Cybiant are exceptionally professional. A great learning experience overall.”
“Cybiant truly delivers leading next generation skills. My employees feel more confident in their working environment.”
Course Materials and Additional Information
Detailed information and additional about the Agile Project Management Foundation training:
The course will suit project managers who want to add to their knowledge of traditional approaches and who work in a fast-paced changing environment and are embracing empowerment provided by Agile methods. The qualification is aimed at both practising project managers and Agile team members who wish to become Agile project managers.
Agile Project Management Foundation certification is aimed at project professionals and team members wishing to adopt a flexible, collaborative approach to project management, whilst improving standards, quality and pace of delivery. The training program is therefore mainly aimed at:
- Practising project managers
- Agile team members who wish to become Agile Project Managers.
The Agile Project Management Foundation Exam has the following structure:
- Multiple choice questions
- 50 questions
- 50% Pass mark 26/50
- 60-minute duration
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however you will need to familiarise yourself with the manual and study for around 15 hours before the first day of training. You will also need to study between training days. You cannot sit for the Practitioner exam unless you have passed the Foundation exam.
Download the syllabus
CALENDAR AND REGISTRATION
Planned and Upcoming Courses
The following dates have currently been planned for open enrollment:
SELF-PACED ONLINE COURSE: USD 500 | MYR 2000 | SGD 750
VIRTUAL COURSE: USD 700 | MYR 2800 | SGD 1050