At the end of this course, delegates will gain:
- A thorough grounding in the skills required to lead, motivate and manage a service desk team.
- The complete service desk management toolkit covering strategy, leadership, employee development, relationship building, service improvement, ITSM processes, performance measurement, finance and tools and technologies.
- An internationally recognized SDM qualification from PeopleCert.
- A new network of colleagues in similar roles from other organizations
This course consists of eleven modules:
- Defining strategic requirements – plan for the strategic development of the service desk within an organization’s overall business goals.
- Developing a strategic role – define the strategies and techniques for a successful support operation that is integrated with the organization’s overall business goals.
- Essential management skills – examine key commercial management skills including integrating IT services, business cases, financial management, strategic responsibilities, defining processes and procedures, gap analysis, project management, behaviors and communication.
- Integrating the service desk – identify the need for relationship and network building, contribute to IT and business objectives, continual improvement and assessing the best sourcing option.
- Promoting the service desk – plan the promotional objectives, strategies and tactics for the service desk.
- Quality assurance activities – review QA programs and practices including satisfaction surveys, benchmarking, monitoring methods, service delivery models and resource management.
- Effective management of tools and technologies – review and evaluate the service desk technology market, ACD and CTI, service delivery communication channels, self-service and self-healing.
- Staff recruitment, retention and development – examine effective recruitment programs, core skills, staff development, effective relationships with teams and individuals.
- Motivation – establish reward and recognition strategies, employee and customer satisfaction programs, performance management, staff motivation, work environment.
- Leadership and management – discover how to be an effective leader and manager, improve your professional development, and hone teamwork, coaching, mentoring and stress management skills.
Students will receive a Service Desk Manager classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams. All Classroom Workbooks are standard delivered as printed materials.
This interactive four-day Service Desk Manager qualification course is designed for existing and aspiring service desk managers and supervisors who wish to develop their understanding of service desk management best practice and how to run an effective support operation. This course is suitable for those with at least three years’ experience in a service desk environment.
Cybiant offer the following learning options for this course:
Self-Paced-Online Learning - 3 months access
If your a choosing the Self-Paced-Online (SPO) learning option, you will complete the course on your own time, in your own pace. Cybiant will provide you with access to an online learning environment where you can watch videos, and practice with sample questions. The SPO option provides access for 3 months, and includes the official exam.
Virtual Training - 2x2hours per day
If you are choosing the virtual training learning option, you will participate in a live course by a Cybiant instructor, which is delivered 100% online. You will receive meeting invitations to participate in the live lectures through the Zoom platform. There will be 2 x 2-hour sessions per day, so this option does provide you with flexibility to plan some other work. All sessions are recorded, in case you miss any of the session. All virtual training courses include the official examination, which will be taken online on the last day of class.
Classroom Training - full day
If you are choosing the classroom training option, you will participate in this training in a live class in a 5-star hotel. This training option provides you with the opportunity to discuss topics in detail with other course participants, and learn from their experience. You will be trained by one of our Cybiant experts, and will complete the exam on the last day of class. Training is conducted daily, based on the following time schedule:
Start time: 09:00 UTC+08
End time: 17:00 UTC+08