The purpose of the R Programming Foundation training and qualification is to learn how to use the R programming language to solve Big Data problems, based on Enterprise requirements. This course consists of 7 modules plus 1 examination module:
- Module 1 – Introduction to R.Installation and configuration of R and R IDE. Background and history of the R programming language.
- Module 2 – Basic Operations in R. Learn the most common operations in R, from importing data sets to basic calculations and declaration of variables.
- Module 3 – Common Data Structures. In this module, the most common data structures and data are discussed, including lists, factors, data frames and matrices.
- Module 4 – Data Cleaning Operations. Learn the most essential data cleaning operations in R, such as dealing with missing or corrupt data.
- Module 5 – Data Wrangling. Data wrangling transforms your source data into data sets that can be analyzed and are easier to understand. In this module, core data wrangling operations are presented.
- Module 6 – R Functions and Control Structures. Basic programming operations in the R language, such as for and while loops and other functions.
- Module 7 – R and Big Data. Introduction to basic Big Data algorithms and the way they can be used to solve Enterprise Big Data objectives.
The R Programming Foundation training and qualification enables participants with the right and up-to-date knowledge to familiarize themselves with the R Programming language and pass the “R Programming Foundation” examination.
In this course you will learn how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis. This course is therefore intended for everyone who wants to become a data analysist or data scientist using the R programming language.
The R Programming Foundation Exam is structured in the following way:
- 40 questions
- 60-minute exam
- Pass Mark – 65% (26 marks)
- Closed book
- Available in English
- Paper based & online availability
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Cybiant offer the following learning options for this course:
Self-Paced-Online Learning - 3 months access
If your a choosing the Self-Paced-Online (SPO) learning option, you will complete the course on your own time, in your own pace. Cybiant will provide you with access to an online learning environment where you can watch videos, and practice with sample questions. The SPO option provides access for 3 months, and includes the official exam.
Virtual Training - 2x2hours per day
If you are choosing the virtual training learning option, you will participate in a live course by a Cybiant instructor, which is delivered 100% online. You will receive meeting invitations to participate in the live lectures through the Zoom platform. There will be 2 x 2-hour sessions per day, so this option does provide you with flexibility to plan some other work. All sessions are recorded, in case you miss any of the session. All virtual training courses include the official examination, which will be taken online on the last day of class.
Classroom Training - full day
If you are choosing the classroom training option, you will participate in this training in a live class in a 5-star hotel. This training option provides you with the opportunity to discuss topics in detail with other course participants, and learn from their experience. You will be trained by one of our Cybiant experts, and will complete the exam on the last day of class. Training is conducted daily, based on the following time schedule:
Start time: 09:00 UTC+08
End time: 17:00 UTC+08