The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training is an introduction to a management approach for business performance improvement that has blended the two individual specialisms of Lean and Six Sigma. The focus of Lean is about speed, efficiency and taking waste out of a process. Six Sigma focuses on effectiveness and removal of errors.
When combined and implemented properly it can be a powerful management tool that can greatly improve an organisation’s performance, by providing a structured approach to resolving problems. The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training can help you to bring about rapid improvements, whether in a manufacturing or service-based context. This course will help your organisation achieve the qualitative benefits of Six Sigma, but at a greater speed by applying Lean at the same time.
The purpose of the Lean Six Simga Yellow Belt qualification is to confirm that a participant has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Lean Six Sigma process improvement methodology and practice to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a process improvement team working within an environment supporting Lean Six Sigma.
This course will enable participants to:
- Explain the role of process improvement in enabling an organisation to move closer to World Class Performance
- Assist in the establishment of an organised work environment to create a solid foundation for further process improvement programmes
- Employ a range of techniques and quality tools will that help to create a continuous improvement culture
- Identify the correct way to set up and execute improvement projects
- Visualize, analyse and improve the logistical flow of processes, making them more stable, predictable and efficient, effective, productive and agile
- Apply Six Sigma and statistical tools to collect data and to assure a valid and reliable performance measurement system
This Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt qualification is aimed at key staff, subject matter experts, process owners, managers, aspiring managers and others taking part in business process improvement projects including:
- Improvement Managers
- Operational line managers and staff
- Project Managers
- Team Managers
- Change Managers
- Finance Managers
- IT Managers
- HR Managers
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification has the following structure:
- Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 32 marks or more required to pass (out of 50 available) – 63%
- 60 minutes duration
- Open Book
- Calculators are not permitted for this exam
Cybiant offer the following learning options for this course:
Self-Paced-Online Learning - 3 months access
If your a choosing the Self-Paced-Online (SPO) learning option, you will complete the course on your own time, in your own pace. Cybiant will provide you with access to an online learning environment where you can watch videos, and practice with sample questions. The SPO option provides access for 3 months, and includes the official exam.
Virtual Training - 2x2hours per day
If you are choosing the virtual training learning option, you will participate in a live course by a Cybiant instructor, which is delivered 100% online. You will receive meeting invitations to participate in the live lectures through the Zoom platform. There will be 2 x 2-hour sessions per day, so this option does provide you with flexibility to plan some other work. All sessions are recorded, in case you miss any of the session. All virtual training courses include the official examination, which will be taken online on the last day of class.
Classroom Training - full day
If you are choosing the classroom training option, you will participate in this training in a live class in a 5-star hotel. This training option provides you with the opportunity to discuss topics in detail with other course participants, and learn from their experience. You will be trained by one of our Cybiant experts, and will complete the exam on the last day of class. Training is conducted daily, based on the following time schedule:
Start time: 09:00 UTC+08
End time: 17:00 UTC+08