The ITIL 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy (DITS) certification focuses on the importance and challenges of creating an appropriate digital strategy to enable the success of businesses and how it can (and should) be integrated to the IT strategy and aligned with the wider organization’s goals. It explores the use of ITIL framework to support organizations in their digital transformation journey by providing a structured and flexible approach for addressing service management challenges and utilizing the potential of modern technology to get the most value from digital technology. It also adds a new perspective to the ITIL suite and elevates the discussion around ITIL concepts to the very strategic level among companies and business leaders.
The ITIL 4 Digital and IT Strategy (DITS) examination is intended to assess whether the candidate can demonstrate sufficient understanding and application of the concepts covered in the ITIL 4 Digital and IT Strategy (DITS) publication to establish a learning and improving IT organization. The ITIL 4 Digital and IT Strategy (DITS) qualification is one of the prerequisites for the designation of ITIL 4 Strategic Leader which assesses the candidate’s practical and technical knowledge about how to run successful IT-enabled services, teams and workflows. It is also a pre-requisite for the designation of ITIL 4 Strategic Leader, which assesses the candidate’s ability to build and implement an effective IT and digital strategy that can tackle digital disruption and drive success.
ITIL 4 Digital and IT Strategy (DITS) is aimed at managers of all levels involved in shaping direction and strategy or developing a continually improving team. It will cover both practical and strategic elements. Therefore, it is the universal module, that will be a key component of both, ITIL 4 Managing Professional and ITIL 4 Strategic Leader streams.
Accredited training for the ITIL Managing Professional modules is mandatory to enable full understanding of the core material. All modules have ITIL 4 Foundation as a pre-requisite. After achieving the ITIL 4 Managing Professional designation, candidates would only need to complete the ITIL 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy module to achieve the ITIL 4 Strategic Leader designation. More information about the transition between ITIL 3 and ITIL 4 is available at our Ultimate ITIL 4 FAQ
- The Use of the ITIL Guiding Principles in Digital and IT Strategy Decisions and Activities
- Leveraging Digital Strategy to React to Digital Disruption
- Relationship between the Concepts of Digital and IT Strategy
- Relationship between the Service Value System and the Service Value Chain
- Application of Digital and IT Strategy within an Organization
- Strategic Approaches by Digital and Information Technology to Achieve Market Relevance and Operational Excellence
- The Risks and Opportunities of Digital and IT Strategy
- The Steps and Techniques in Defining and Advocating for A Digital and IT Strategy
- Implementation of Digital and IT Strategy
- Recap & Exam Preparation
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The learning objectives of the course are based on the following learning outcomes of the ITIL® 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy (DITS) exam specification:
- Demonstrate the use of the ITIL guiding principles in Digital and IT Strategy decisions and activities
- Understand how to leverage digital strategy to react to digital disruption
- Understand the relationship between the concept of Digital and IT Strategy, the service value system and the service value chain, and explain how to utilize them to create value
- Understand how an organization uses Digital and IT Strategy to remain viable in environments disrupted by digital technology
- Understand the strategic approaches made possible by digital and information technology to achieve customer / market relevance and operational excellence
- Understand the risks and opportunities of Digital and IT Strategy
- Understand the steps and techniques involved in defining and advocating for a Digital and IT Strategy
- Understand how to implement a Digital and IT Strategy
ITIL 4 Leader Digital and IT Strategy (DITS) is aimed at IT and business directors, heads of departments, aspiring business leaders, and other business professionals across the organization who are involved in shaping direction and strategy or developing a continually improving team. It will cover both practical and strategic elements.
- Online Proctored Exam invigilate by PeopleCert
- Multiple Choice Question
- 40 Questions
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) — 70%
- 90-minute duration
NOTE: Candidates taking the exam in a language that is not their native or working language may be awarded 25% extra time, i.e. 113 minutes in total.
The ITIL 4 Foundation Qualification is a prerequisite for the ITIL® 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy (DITS)
Cybiant offer the following learning options for this course:
Self-Paced-Online Learning - 3 months access
If your a choosing the Self-Paced-Online (SPO) learning option, you will complete the course on your own time, in your own pace. Cybiant will provide you with access to an online learning environment where you can watch videos, and practice with sample questions. The SPO option provides access for 3 months, and includes the official exam.
Virtual Training - 2x2hours per day
If you are choosing the virtual training learning option, you will participate in a live course by a Cybiant instructor, which is delivered 100% online. You will receive meeting invitations to participate in the live lectures through the Zoom platform. There will be 2 x 2-hour sessions per day, so this option does provide you with flexibility to plan some other work. All sessions are recorded, in case you miss any of the session. All virtual training courses include the official examination, which will be taken online on the last day of class.
Classroom Training - full day
If you are choosing the classroom training option, you will participate in this training in a live class in a 5-star hotel. This training option provides you with the opportunity to discuss topics in detail with other course participants, and learn from their experience. You will be trained by one of our Cybiant experts, and will complete the exam on the last day of class. Training is conducted daily, based on the following time schedule:
Start time: 09:00 UTC+08
End time: 17:00 UTC+08