The purpose of the ISO 27001 Auditor qualification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding of ISO 27001 and its application in a given situation. A successful Auditor candidate should be able to perform audits against ISO 27001, lead organizations through an audit program and direct audit teams. Their individual information security expertise, complexity of the information security management system and the support given for the use of ISO 27001 in their work environment will all be factors that impact what the ISO27001 Auditor can achieve.
Candidates must exhibit the competences required for the Information Security qualification and show that they can apply ISMS concepts to achieve the objectives and requirements of ISO 27001 and supporting standards within an organizational context. Further, the candidate should understand the main elements of the certification process and the principles of auditing.
The ISO 27001 Auditor training course will help candidates to:
- The purpose of internal and external audits, their operation and the associated terminology;
- Analyze and evaluate issues regarding scope definition, applicability and its objectives and processes within an organizational context;
- Evaluate how the principles of risk management including risk identification, analysis and evaluation and propose appropriate treatments and controls to reduce information security risk, support business objectives and improve information security have been applied;
- Analyze and evaluate deployed risk treatments and controls to assess their effectiveness and opportunities for continual improvement;
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of the ISMS through the use of internal and external audit and management review to continually improve the suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the ISMS;
- Audit organizations to identify conformity and improvements against ISO 27001;
- Understand, create, apply and evaluate the suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of documented information and records required by ISO 27001;
- Evaluate how appropriate corrective actions to maintain ISMS conformity with ISO 27001 have been identified and applied;
- Understand the requirements for and responsibilities of bodies providing audits and how they impact the activities of the auditor.
An ISO 27001 Practitioner – Information Security Officer certificate (or equivalent if accepted by APMG) is a pre-requisite for the Auditor qualification.
This qualification is aimed at two audiences. The first is third-party auditors who work for Certification Bodies and will conduct audits to certify organizations against ISO 27001 and ISO 19011. The second audience is internal auditors who wish to understand the specific requirements of auditing Information Security Management Systems (both internal and external) for conformity with the ISO 27001 and ISO 19011 standard. Internal auditors working in an organization which is implementing or already has ISO 27001 certification will find this course useful to improve not only their understanding of the subject but also the application of ISO 27001 within their organization.
The ISO 27001 Auditor Exam (by APMG-International) is structured in the following way:
- 40 questions
- Multiple choice format
- 120-minute duration
- 20 marks or more required to pass (out of 40 available) – 50%
- Open book
Download more information:
Cybiant offer the following learning options for this course:
Self-Paced-Online Learning - 3 months access
If your a choosing the Self-Paced-Online (SPO) learning option, you will complete the course on your own time, in your own pace. Cybiant will provide you with access to an online learning environment where you can watch videos, and practice with sample questions. The SPO option provides access for 3 months, and includes the official exam.
Virtual Training - 2x2hours per day
If you are choosing the virtual training learning option, you will participate in a live course by a Cybiant instructor, which is delivered 100% online. You will receive meeting invitations to participate in the live lectures through the Zoom platform. There will be 2 x 2-hour sessions per day, so this option does provide you with flexibility to plan some other work. All sessions are recorded, in case you miss any of the session. All virtual training courses include the official examination, which will be taken online on the last day of class.
Classroom Training - full day
If you are choosing the classroom training option, you will participate in this training in a live class in a 5-star hotel. This training option provides you with the opportunity to discuss topics in detail with other course participants, and learn from their experience. You will be trained by one of our Cybiant experts, and will complete the exam on the last day of class. Training is conducted daily, based on the following time schedule:
Start time: 09:00 UTC+08
End time: 17:00 UTC+08