The Cybersecurity Fundamentals course is an excellent way to gain foundational knowledge in cybersecurity and begin to build your knowledge and kick-start your career in this crucial area. It is also a great way to prepare to earn your Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certificate.
Cybersecurity Fundamentals is also a new training from ISACA designed for the most ambitious cybersecurity professionals, empowering them to elevate their work, take control of their career paths, and earn their place amongst the best.
The Cybersecurity Fundamentals training provides a dynamic learning experience where you’ll learn to:
- Explain cybersecurity concepts.
- Define enterprise cybersecurity roles and responsibilities.
- Identify the main components of telecommunications technologies.
- Identify differences between information technology systems and specialized systems.
- Explain defence in depth.
- Describe common causes of enterprise service disruption.
- Identify the key components of security architecture.
- Describe risk management processes and practices.
- Appraise cybersecurity incidents to apply appropriate response.
- Recognize system life cycle management principles, including software security and usability.
- Analyze threats and risks within context of the cybersecurity architecture.
- Evaluate decision-making outcomes of cybersecurity scenarios.
The Course is ideal for college/university students and recent graduates, those new to the field, as well as those looking to change careers. It is also an excellent resource for professionals in the field looking for a cybersecurity refresher course.
The Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certificate exam is an online, closed-book, remotely-proctored exam. It covers:
- 18% of Threat Landscape.
- 20% of Security Operations & Response.
- 27% of Information Security Fundamentals.
- 35% of Securing Assets.
It includes 36 multiple-choice questions, 12 performance-based questions and the passing score is 65%. You will have two hours to complete the exam. Simply schedule the time and date that works for you.
Cybiant offer the following learning options for this course:
Self-Paced-Online Learning - 3 months access
If your a choosing the Self-Paced-Online (SPO) learning option, you will complete the course on your own time, in your own pace. Cybiant will provide you with access to an online learning environment where you can watch videos, and practice with sample questions. The SPO option provides access for 3 months, and includes the official exam.
Virtual Training - 2x2hours per day
If you are choosing the virtual training learning option, you will participate in a live course by a Cybiant instructor, which is delivered 100% online. You will receive meeting invitations to participate in the live lectures through the Zoom platform. There will be 2 x 2-hour sessions per day, so this option does provide you with flexibility to plan some other work. All sessions are recorded, in case you miss any of the session. All virtual training courses include the official examination, which will be taken online on the last day of class.
Classroom Training - full day
If you are choosing the classroom training option, you will participate in this training in a live class in a 5-star hotel. This training option provides you with the opportunity to discuss topics in detail with other course participants, and learn from their experience. You will be trained by one of our Cybiant experts, and will complete the exam on the last day of class. Training is conducted daily, based on the following time schedule:
Start time: 09:00 UTC+08
End time: 17:00 UTC+08