Get a practical understanding of how to apply COBIT 5 to specific business problems, pain points, trigger events and risk scenarios within the organization. Learn how to effectively implement and apply COBIT 5 into your enterprise or how you can integrate components into client initiatives. Attendees will walk away with an appreciation of how to effectively use COBIT 5 for different organizational and or client scenarios.
During this course, participants will learn:
- How to effectively analyse enterprise drivers
- Implementation challenges, their root causes and success factors
- Assessing current process capability
- How to scope and plan improvements
- How to avoid potential implementation pitfalls by leveraging good practices
COBIT 5 is the only business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT. ISACA’s globally accepted framework provides the principles, practices, analytical tools and models to help increase trust in, and value from, information systems. APMG International is the accreditation body, who ensures COBIT training is delivered to a consistently high standard. COBIT has a 16 year history of helping organizations of all sizes and in all industries use IT activity to better address stakeholders needs and goals. The previous version of COBIT has been downloaded over 100,000 times.
The latest edition of COBIT embodies thought leadership and guidance from business, IT and governance experts around the world. Additionally in response to increased necessity for cyber resilience COBIT 5 has two new levels: Implementing the NIST Standards using COBIT 5 (INCS) and COBIT Assessor for Security (AS). These levels of the COBIT 5 certification focus on the business rivers to prioritize cyber security activities and integrate cyber security with the organization’s overall risk management processes.
COBIT 5 helps enterprises of all sizes, regardless of sector:
- Maintain high quality information to support business decisions
- Achieve strategic goals and realize business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT
- Achieve operational excellence through reliable, efficient application of technology
- Maintain IT-related risk at an acceptable level
- Optimize the cost of IT services and technology
- Support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies
Five key principles of COBIT 5:
Principle 1: Meeting Stakeholder Needs
Principle 2: Covering the Enterprise End-to-End
Principle 3: Applying a Single, Integrated Framework
Principle 4: Enabling a Holistic Approach
Principle 5: Separating Governance from Management