Change is inevitable. For many organizations change can become a regular occurrence. Accordingly, dealing with change and, more significantly, the impact of change, is a high priority for organizations. It is therefore important that individuals have the opportunity to develop their capabilities to deal with change before, during and after it occurs. The Change Management Foundation training programs and qualifications are designed to help organizations and their people manage the impact of change. The underlying guidance and supporting training courses are designed to equip individuals with the knowledge, theories and techniques to effectively plan and implement successful change initiatives.
The Change Management Foundation training programs explore how change affects, and is affected by, individuals, teams, organizations and change leaders, helping those responsible for change initiatives to:
- Unlock resistance to change
- Provide effective support and motivation to individuals and teams to embrace change
- Draw from a range of professional approaches to implement change smoothly and effectively
- Manage and inform key stakeholders throughout the change process
- Speed up the implementation of change initiatives.
Working in partnership with the Change Management Institute, the syllabus and exams are based on The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook, designed to teach areas of knowledge defined by the Change Management Institute’s Change Management Body of Knowledge (CMBoK). This course is the official pre-requisitie for the Organizational Change Management Practitioner course.
The Organizational Change Management Foundation training course explores organizational change management principles, models and roles and concludes with the APMG Change Management Foundation certification exam. The course syllabus is based on Change Management Institute’s: Change Management Body of Knowledge (CMBOK), with focus on change at the individual and organization levels, practices for supporting and sustaining change, including stakeholder strategy and engagement. Delegates will learn through instructor led presentation, exercises and quizzes.
In the Organizational Change Management course, you will learn the following topics:
- Change and the Individual – Exploring the reactions and stages individuals experience when subject to a change and practices to support people through the stages of change
- Change and the Organization – The aim of this module is to provide models to define and approach organizational change. We also cover the role of strategy, mechanisms to sustain the change, key change management documents, change management roles, including the role of line and middle management. The role of project, programme and portfolio management and their links to benefits and performance management frameworks for tracking and measuring the results of change.
- Communication & Stakeholder Engagement – The program covers the principles, practices, tools and techniques to define a stakeholder engagement approach and explore influencing strategies with the aim of achieving support for change
- Change Management Practices – Exploring models to assess the impact of change, prepare people for change (change readiness), approaches for tackling resistance and key elements for building and sustaining momentum.
Change Management certified professionals are recognized for possessing the knowledge and skills to support smooth organizational change.
This certification is aimed at:
- Anyone interested in understanding the basic principles of achieving successful organizational change, transition or transformation.
- Team members involved in organizational change, transition or transformation projects.
- Professionals pursuing the Change Management Practitioner certificate – for which the Change Management Foundation certificate is a pre-requisite.
The Organizational Change Management Foundation certification has the following structure:
- Multiple choice
- Four sections, total of 50 questions
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40 minutes duration
Cybiant offer the following learning options for this course:
Self-Paced-Online Learning - 3 months access
If your a choosing the Self-Paced-Online (SPO) learning option, you will complete the course on your own time, in your own pace. Cybiant will provide you with access to an online learning environment where you can watch videos, and practice with sample questions. The SPO option provides access for 3 months, and includes the official exam.
Virtual Training - 2x2hours per day
If you are choosing the virtual training learning option, you will participate in a live course by a Cybiant instructor, which is delivered 100% online. You will receive meeting invitations to participate in the live lectures through the Zoom platform. There will be 2 x 2-hour sessions per day, so this option does provide you with flexibility to plan some other work. All sessions are recorded, in case you miss any of the session. All virtual training courses include the official examination, which will be taken online on the last day of class.
Classroom Training - full day
If you are choosing the classroom training option, you will participate in this training in a live class in a 5-star hotel. This training option provides you with the opportunity to discuss topics in detail with other course participants, and learn from their experience. You will be trained by one of our Cybiant experts, and will complete the exam on the last day of class. Training is conducted daily, based on the following time schedule:
Start time: 09:00 UTC+08
End time: 17:00 UTC+08