Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
Out of stock
ISACA’s Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) certification is framework agnostic and the only IT governance certification for the individual. ISACA’s Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) certification is for those aspiring for executive positions. CGEIT empowers you to handle the governance of an entire organization and consider a move to the C-suite, if you aren’t already there.
Note: This course is only available upon request. Please contact us for more information via our chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Certification: Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
The ISACA® Certified in Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)® certification is the world-leading vendor-neutral certification designed for IT professionals in large organisations who are responsible for directing, managing and supporting the governance of IT. CGEIT® recognises a wide range of professionals for their knowledge and application of enterprise IT governance principles and practices. As a CGEIT certified professional, you demonstrate that you are capable of bringing IT governance into an organisation—that you grasp the complex subject holistically, and therefore, enhance value to the enterprise.
IT systems are continually evolving to ensure competitiveness, enable reach to global markets and handle external pressures such as regulation. By managing, advising and assessing the enterprise’s IT infrastructure and processes, individuals play a role in IT governance and provide significant support to the board of directors and executive management. The CGEIT® program supports increasing business demands and recognises the wide range of professionals whose knowledge and application of IT governance principles are key to managing the forces of transition.
Organisations employ a CGEIT to ensure they get good governance, an environment of no or few “surprises”, and the ability to have an agile response to any that arise. Increasingly, CGEIT is viewed by companies and governmental agencies around the world as a necessary prerequisite for anyone involved with enterprise IT governance.
The CGEIT course, held over 3 days, covers five domains of practice identified as being key to ensuring that IT and business systems operate with greater efficiencies and optimum effectiveness thereby creating greater trust in and value from the investment in IT:
- Domain 1—Framework for the Governance of Enterprise IT (25%)
- Domain 2—Strategic Management (20%)
- Domain 3—Benefits Realisation (16%)
- Domain 4—Risk Optimisation (24%)
- Domain 5—Resource Optimisation (15%)
The CGEIT exam is set, conducted and marked by ISACA. All exams will be conducted online via computer-based testing centres around the world.
The first step to becoming CGEIT certified is to take and pass the CGEIT certification exam, consisting of 150 questions covering 5 job practice domains.
- Framework for the Governance of Enterprise IT– Demonstrates that you have the expertise to define, establish and manage a framework for the governance of enterprise IT in alignment with the mission, vision and values of the enterprise. Domain 1 authenticates the ability to facilitate the achievement of enterprise goals and objectives in order to create stakeholder value while optimizing resources.
- Strategic Management– Attests your acumen and ability to ensure that IT enables and supports the achievement of enterprise objectives by integrating and aligning IT strategic plans with those of the enterprise. Domain 2 affirms your aptitude for seeing that appropriate policies and procedures are in place to support IT and enterprise strategic alignment.
- Benefits Realization– Proficiency in this job practice area verifies the agility necessary to ensure that IT-enabled investments are managed to deliver optimized business benefits, and that performance improvements are properly measured, evaluated and reported. Domain 3 firmly establishes the expertise to see that IT-enabled investments are managed as a portfolio of investments through their economic life cycle to achieve business benefit.
- Risk Optimization– Confirms your ability to ensure an IT risk management framework exists to identify, analyze, mitigate, manage, monitor, and communicate IT-related business risk, and is aligned with the enterprise risk management (ERM) framework. Domain 4 is also vital toward ensuring legal and regulatory compliance requirements are addressed through IT risk management.
- Resource Optimization– Aptitude in this key realm speaks to your savvy in ensuring the optimization of IT resources including information, services, infrastructure, applications and people to support the achievement of enterprise objectives. Domain 5 establishes that you know how to put processes are in place to identify, acquire and maintain IT resources and capabilities (i.e., information, services, infrastructure, applications and people).
CGEIT recognizes a wide range of professionals for their knowledge and application of enterprise IT governance principles and practices.
ISACA’s Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) certification is for those aspiring for executive positions. CGEIT empowers you to handle the governance of an entire organization and consider a move to the C-suite, if you aren’t already there.
All ISACA certification exams consist of 150 multiple choice questions that cover the respective job practice areas created from the most recent job practice analysis. Candidates have up to 4 hours (240 minutes) to complete the exam.
- Course Brochure - Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) (188 downloads)
- Take the FREE 10-question CGEIT practice quiz to see if you are ready for the exam.
Cybiant offer the following learning options for this course:
Self-Paced-Online Learning - 3 months access
If your a choosing the Self-Paced-Online (SPO) learning option, you will complete the course on your own time, in your own pace. Cybiant will provide you with access to an online learning environment where you can watch videos, and practice with sample questions. The SPO option provides access for 3 months, and includes the official exam.
Virtual Training - 2x2hours per day
If you are choosing the virtual training learning option, you will participate in a live course by a Cybiant instructor, which is delivered 100% online. You will receive meeting invitations to participate in the live lectures through the Zoom platform. There will be 2 x 2-hour sessions per day, so this option does provide you with flexibility to plan some other work. All sessions are recorded, in case you miss any of the session. All virtual training courses include the official examination, which will be taken online on the last day of class.
Classroom Training - full day
If you are choosing the classroom training option, you will participate in this training in a live class in a 5-star hotel. This training option provides you with the opportunity to discuss topics in detail with other course participants, and learn from their experience. You will be trained by one of our Cybiant experts, and will complete the exam on the last day of class. Training is conducted daily, based on the following time schedule:
Start time: 09:00 UTC+08
End time: 17:00 UTC+08
Unless otherwise specified, all courses include official examination
All Cybiant trainers are experts in their knowledge domain
Is your e-learning not what you expected? You get your money back.
There are no reviews yet.