Cybiant offers the following learning options for this course:
E-Learning – 3 months access
The e-learning option provides students with access to an e-learning environment with pre-recorded lectures, exercises and quizzes. You can complete the course in your own time, at your own pace. This option provides access for 3 months, and includes the official exam.
Virtual Training – 2×2 hours per day
The virtual training option is an online class taught by a live Cybiant instructor. You will receive a meeting invitation to participate in the live lectures. Our virtual training courses are organized in 2 x 2-hour sessions per day to accommodate some other work. Official examinations are included in the pricing.
Classroom Training – full day
The classroom training option will be conducted by a Cybiant instructor in a 5-star hotel. You will participate in a live training and meet other participants. Breaks, lunch and exam voucher are included in the pricing.
You can register for the course by selecting the option of your choice below:
|Certified Agile Service Manager||E-learning||Anytime, Anywhere||RM2,925.00|
|Certified Agile Service Manager||Virtual||11 - 14 December 2023 (US Time Zone - GMT-5)||RM6,210.00|
|Certified Agile Service Manager||Classroom||18 - 20 December 2023 Kuala Lumpur||RM4,560.00|
If your preferred date is not available, please feel free to get in touch with us.
The learning objectives for Certified Agile Service Manager (CASM) include an understanding of:
- What does it mean to “be agile?”
- The Agile Manifesto, its core values, and principles
- Agile concepts and practices including ITSM, Kanban, Lean and DevOps
- Learn about SCRUM from a product and process perspective
- Agile thinking and values into service management
- Scrum roles, artifacts, and events as it applies to both products and processes
- The two aspects of Agile Service Management:
- 1 – Agile Process Improvement–ensuring processes are lean and deliver “just enough” control
- 2- Agile Process Design–applying Agile practices to process design projects
The target audience for the Certified Agile Service Manager course is:
- Anyone interested in learning about Agile and Scrum from a products and process perspective
- Process owners and process designers
- Developers who are interested in helping make processes more agile
- Managers who are looking to bridge multiple practices into a DevOps environment
- Employees and managers responsible for designing, re-engineering or improving process
- Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement and DevOps initiatives
- Internal and external suppliers Process stakeholders
Exam & Prerequisites
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the candidate’s designation as a Certified Agile Service Manager. The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute.
- Completion of pre-class assignment
- Familiarity with IT service management processes and ITIL® is recommended
Downloads & Materials
Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference) including:
- The Agile Service Management Guide and Scrum Guide (pre-class resources)
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique hands-on exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities