The Agile Project Management Practitioner level qualification aims to measure whether the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile Project Management guidance to apply and tailor it to a given scenario situation. The scenario is designed to allow the candidate to demonstrate they possess the competence to begin working as an Agile Project Manager on a non-complex project.
The candidate should understand the key principles and terminology within the Agile Management Practitioner guidance. Accredited training and certification will help individuals to:
- Apply the underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile Project Management in a project situation;
- Appropriately configure the lifecycle of an Agile project to a given scenario;
- Produce and evaluate the content of Agile products produced during an Agile project in a given scenario;
- Apply the following Agile techniques in a project situation: Facilitated Workshops; MoSCoW prioritization; Iterative Development; Modelling; Time-boxing
- Identify the Agile techniques to be used for a given situation within a scenario;
- Understand the roles and responsibilities within an Agile project and correctly determine the appropriate personnel to fulfil these roles within a given scenario;
- Understand the mechanisms for control of an Agile Project which are specific to an Agile project;
- Understand in outline how to test, estimate and measure progress in an Agile project;
- Describe the Agile approach to managing requirements and identify action to rectify problems with requirements within an Agile project from a given scenario.
The Agile Project Management Practitioner qualification aims to measure whether the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile Project Management guidance to be able to apply the theory and concepts towards a case study. In order to sit the Practitioner exam, the Agile Project Management Foundation is a prerequisite.
The Agile Project Management Practitioner qualification is aimed at both practising project managers and Agile team members who wish to become Agile project managers. The course is aimed at project professionals and team members wishing to adopt a flexible, collaborative approach to project management, whilst improving standards, quality and pace of delivery. The training program is therefore mainly aimed at:
- Practising project managers
- Agile team members who wish to become Agile Project Managers
Exam Structure & Prerequisite
The course consists of a series of classroom lectures and group exercises. The lectures introduce the AgilePM method’s terminology, then we will discuss case studies to explain how to use the method in practice. We will provide supplementary learning material via Cybiant’s online learning platform. At the end of each day we will use multiple choice questions to remind us of the day’s learning and to prepare us for the certificate exam.
The Practitioner exam has the following format:
- ‘objective testing’ format of scenario, question and answer booklet
- 2.5 hours’ duration
- four questions
- 20 marks per question, 80 marks available
- 40 marks or more required to pass
- open-book examination (handbook only)
The pre-requisites for taking the AgilePM Practitioner examination is passing either the AgilePM Foundation certificate.
Cybiant offer the following learning options for this course:
Self-Paced-Online Learning - 3 months access
If your a choosing the Self-Paced-Online (SPO) learning option, you will complete the course on your own time, in your own pace. Cybiant will provide you with access to an online learning environment where you can watch videos, and practice with sample questions. The SPO option provides access for 3 months, and includes the official exam.
Virtual Training - 2x2hours per day
If you are choosing the virtual training learning option, you will participate in a live course by a Cybiant instructor, which is delivered 100% online. You will receive meeting invitations to participate in the live lectures through the Zoom platform. There will be 2 x 2-hour sessions per day, so this option does provide you with flexibility to plan some other work. All sessions are recorded, in case you miss any of the session. All virtual training courses include the official examination, which will be taken online on the last day of class.
Classroom Training - full day
If you are choosing the classroom training option, you will participate in this training in a live class in a 5-star hotel. This training option provides you with the opportunity to discuss topics in detail with other course participants, and learn from their experience. You will be trained by one of our Cybiant experts, and will complete the exam on the last day of class. Training is conducted daily, based on the following time schedule:
Start time: 09:00 UTC+08
End time: 17:00 UTC+08