The Agile Business Analyst Practitioner level qualification aims to measure whether the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the AgileBA guidance to apply and tailor it to a given scenario situation.
The Agile Business Analyst Practitioner course builds on the Agile Business Analyst Foundation course, providing additional depth of understanding. This is achieved through a review of Foundation material, consolidation of concepts and sample exam questions for the Practitioner level certification. This course fully prepares candidates for the AgileBA Practitioner certification exam.
The courses explore the following content, with the Practitioner level considering the application of the method to a given scenario:
- Agile and the DSDM Agile Project Framework – The agile mindset. The DSDM approach, philosophy and principles. Overview of the DSDM process, roles and products.
- Strategy analysis – Gaining a holistic view of the business environment using internal and external analysis. Capturing a clear picture of the value an organisation creates through value chain analysis and Lean thinking. Identifying and measuring the impact of implementing organisational strategies. The agile business case.
- Stakeholder collaboration – Working effectively with different stakeholders throughout the DSDM process. Analysing stakeholders. The Agile BA’s role in communication planning. Collaborating effectively using facilitated workshops.
- Managing requirements – Working with requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria and story maps. The DSDM approach to managing requirements throughout the project lifecycle. The Agile BA’s role. The lifecycle of a requirement. Requirements elicitation models. Estimating requirements in a DSDM project.
- Delivering on time – Exploration of key practices to deliver on time: prioritising requirements, timeboxing and iterative development. Common prioritisation techniques. Activities conducted in timeboxes and useful collaboration techniques such as stand-ups and burn charts. Approaches to iterative development.
- Modelling and mapping – Modelling perspectives. Modelling techniques for the Agile BA including business domain models and wireframes.
This training course will introduce an Agile approach that has a significant impact on the role of the Business Analyst, on their existing skills and their way of working. Whilst traditional skills are still valuable, new skills and ways of working need to be adopted to harness the benefits of a new way of working and to appreciate the different relationships with co-workers.
This course is designed for a wide range of roles including:
- Business analysts
- Change analysts
- Project managers
- Scrum product owners/managers
- Systems analysts
- Agile developers
Exam & Pre-requisites
The Practitioner course includes the AgileBA Practitioner exam. Please note a pass in the Foundation exam pass is a prerequisite to sitting the Practitioner exam. The Practitioner exam consists of:
- Complex multiple choice
- 4 questions per paper
- 40/80 marks required to pass (50%)
- 5 hour duration
- Open-book (AgileBA Handbook only)
The Practitioner exam tests knowledge, understanding, application, analysis and evaluation of the method. Please note the exam is taken on the afternoon of the course, and papers sent away for scoring. The Practitioner exam is taken on the afternoon of the Practitioner course.
Passing the AgileBA foundation exam is a re-requisite to taking the AgileBA practitioner exam.
Download more information:
Cybiant offer the following learning options for this course:
Self-Paced-Online Learning - 3 months access
If your a choosing the Self-Paced-Online (SPO) learning option, you will complete the course on your own time, in your own pace. Cybiant will provide you with access to an online learning environment where you can watch videos, and practice with sample questions. The SPO option provides access for 3 months, and includes the official exam.
Virtual Training - 2x2hours per day
If you are choosing the virtual training learning option, you will participate in a live course by a Cybiant instructor, which is delivered 100% online. You will receive meeting invitations to participate in the live lectures through the Zoom platform. There will be 2 x 2-hour sessions per day, so this option does provide you with flexibility to plan some other work. All sessions are recorded, in case you miss any of the session. All virtual training courses include the official examination, which will be taken online on the last day of class.
Classroom Training - full day
If you are choosing the classroom training option, you will participate in this training in a live class in a 5-star hotel. This training option provides you with the opportunity to discuss topics in detail with other course participants, and learn from their experience. You will be trained by one of our Cybiant experts, and will complete the exam on the last day of class. Training is conducted daily, based on the following time schedule:
Start time: 09:00 UTC+08
End time: 17:00 UTC+08