Cybiant Privacy Statement
[Last Updated: 25 April, 2019]
This privacy statement applies to https://www.cybiant.com and other sub-domains comprising our corporate web presence (together our “Corporate Websites”); as well as to our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platforms owned and operated by Cybiant Asia Sdn. Bhd. (our “SaaS Solutions”). This privacy statement (“Statement”) explains how your personal information is collected, used, and disclosed by Cybiant Asia Sdn. Bhd. and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (“Cybiant” or “We”). It also describes the choices available to you regarding the use of, your access to, and how to update and correct your personal information. It applies to all business clients of our products and services and visitors to our websites. This Statement does not apply to household consumers, visitors to Cybiant’ clients’ sites, and services, or employees. This Statement does not cover the practices of any third parties or their services, including any social networking platforms you choose to use to connect with Cybiant Corporate Websites or SaaS Solutions, or to business clients who use Cybiant services to collect information from their customers. For information about third party privacy practices, please consult their privacy policies.
The data controller for all personal data collected from is Cybiant Asia Sdn. Bhd. We can be contacted at:
Cybiant Asia Sdn. Bhd.
K03, Level 2A, Menara KL
No 10, Jalan Sultan Ismail
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose of Data Collection and Processing
With respect to its Corporate Websites, Cybiant collects various data as described further in this document for the purpose of responding to your requests, for first party marketing, as well as to better understand our clients and their interests. With respect to its SaaS Solutions, Cybiant is a data processor for all personal data collected on behalf of clients (“Client Data”) – clients, as data controller, determine the purpose and legal basis of all data processing activities – and Cybiant is a data controller for all personal data of client’s employees (“SaaS Solutions Users”) collected and processed during access to these solutions.
Recipients of Personal Data Collected
With respect to Cybiant Corporate Websites, all data collected is stored in secure applications with access limited to business needs. No personal data is shared with third parties other than services providers acting as Cybiant’s agents. With respect to its SaaS Solutions, Cybiant does not provide any third party with access to Client Data. Cybiant may share personal data of SaaS Solutions Users with service providers acting as Cybiant’ agents (such as for email notifications).
European Data Subjects Rights
The European data protection regulations provide European data subjects with the following rights:
- Right of access;
- Right to rectification;
- Right to erasure;
- Right to restrict processing;
- Right to object.
To exercise your rights, see Your Information Choices and Changes section below for more information.
Personal Information Requests by Public Authorities
In certain situations, Cybiant may be required to disclose personal data: a) in response to lawful requests, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, by public authorities including national security and law enforcement; b) in the event that Cybiant files for bankruptcy; c) to protect our rights; d) to protect your safety or that of others; e) to investigate fraud, or f) to respond to a government request.
Information We Collect
Here are a few ways we collect your information and the types of information we collect. We may also obtain information from other sources. Information we collect may be in the form of personal information or anonymised data. Anonymised data may be in the form of aggregate data. Aggregate data is information we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, no personal information is included in aggregate data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our products and services. This Policy does not restrict or limit our collection and use of aggregate data.
Information You Provide To Us
We collect personal information you give us. These are the general types of information we may collect from you:
- Registration and Profile Information – When you register to use our service, to receive information, to participate in our events, and create or update your forum profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you. For example, we may collect: your name; postal address; phone numbers; fax numbers and email address; your log-in ID and password; your title; company; and other profile information you provide; demographic information; and information linked with your profile such as comments you may post.
- Submissions and Customer Service – From time to time we may use surveys, contests, or sweepstakes requesting personal information. Information we collect may include demographic information, information about your personal interests, and your feedback as a valued client.
Information We Automatically Collect
When you visit our site or use our services, some information such as your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our Corporate Websites is logged automatically and stored in log files. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Corporate Websites. We may tie your IP address to information we automatically collect on our Corporate Websites. We may also tie information we automatically collect with personal information, such as your login ID and information you give us at registration. We use our own products, and products of third parties acting on our behalf, to analyze, optimize, and improve our site.
We will also collect information on your usage of the SaaS Solutions to ensure the security of the data we collect on behalf of our clients. You cannot opt-out of this collection and processing as it is necessary to ensure the security of the service we provide to our clients.
Cybiant may also use device-recognition technologies combined with other identifiers to create cross-browsers and cross-devices identities to provide you with better services.
- Behavioral targeting/Re-targeting – We partner with third parties to either display advertising on our Corporate Websites or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Information We Obtain from Other Sources
Cybiant may collect information about you from third party sources and services. We may buy or lease contact, marketing, and demographic data from brokers. Cybiant may also access certain profile information such as friends, profile picture, etc. from social networking platforms and services that you use to interact with Cybiant Corporate Websites and SaaS Solutions. We may combine that third party information with information we collect directly from you.
Use of Personal Information
We use personal information collected through our Corporate Websites and SaaS Solutions in the ways we tell you in this Statement. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our sites, products and services;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards (Corporate Websites only);
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- contact you to request feedback about your experience with our products and services or learn about your demographics, preferences and interests;
- provide and deliver our products and services you use;
- send you information related to our products and services you use, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events and webinars, and other news about products and services offered by Cybiant and our selected partners (Corporate Websites only);
- anonymize and aggregate personal information for different purposes. This could include market analysis, traffic flow analysis and reporting, and to deliver relevant advertising and information based on click stream data (Corporate Websites only);
- customize or personalize your online experience, for example to pre-populate forms and display relevant content;
- customize or personalize advertising and communications to bring you relevant information about products and services that may interest you (Corporate Websites only); and
- protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity. We may also link, combine or supplement your personal information with other personal information we get from third parties such as a business directory. We do this to help understand your needs and provide you with better products and services. We may also use your personal information in other ways than as listed here, in which case, we will inform you.
Cybiant may store and process personal information in the U.S., EU member countries, and other countries.
Sharing Of Personal Information
Information You Share
We may engage third parties to provide forums that allow you to connect and share your profile, actions, comments, content, and information publicly and with others. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums. To learn how the third party applications use your information, please review their privacy policies. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, follow the instructions in the section titled Your Information Choices and Changes below. We may also allow you to connect and share on third party sites and services. For example, we use a single sign-on service that allows you to sign into Cybiant forums using certain third-party social networking login credentials. This allows you to link your existing social network profile to your Cybiant account. Once connected, you will be able to share and post content on and with the third-party site from Cybiant and share and interact with your friends.
Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose with which third party services to connect, with whom you connect, and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. If you share information about others, we suggest you get consent for any information you may share about them.
Information We Share
Corporate Websites only – We do not sell and share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- in an aggregated form that does not directly identify you;
- with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers such as email service providers, marketing service providers, blog service providers and forum service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us, these service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us;
- when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets.
These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Corporate Websites of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Retention and Security of your Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as log in credentials), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure transport layer security (TLS). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it, including encryption in transit, strict access controls, firewalls and intrusion detection systems, hardening and patching procedures, and malware protection. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Cybiant retains personal information it collects as a data controller consistent with its data retention policy. Retention of Client Data (defined below) is documented in Cybiant Data Retention Policy.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Social Media Widgets
We display personal testimonials of satisfied clients on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Your Information Choices and Changes
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Cybiant by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as emails about your accounts, product notices, user forum notices or our ongoing business relations.
In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We will retain your information collected for a commercially reasonable period of time for us to provide services to you and to use it as stated in this Statement. In addition, we will retain your information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Upon request Cybiant will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- request Cybiant to provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information;
- request changes to your contact preferences,
- request access and changes to your personal information. If you would like this information edited or deleted, we will respond to your request within 30 days,
- opt-out of our sharing your information with independent third parties.
As a user of Cybiant SaaS Solutions, you may not opt out of personal data collection, because such data collection is required to ensure the security and integrity of the data we collect on behalf of our clients. If you object to such data collection, please contact the client for whom you work.
Information We Collect On Behalf of Our Clients
Cybiant acts as a service provider for each of our clients, in that we provide our services for the benefit of the client. Each of our clients uses Cybiant products and services to gather information about their own customers and visitors to their sites and digital properties (Client Data). Each client instructs us as to what types of Client Data it would like us to collect on its behalf.
Cybiant will retain personal data we process on behalf of our clients for as long as needed to provide services to our clients, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Cybiant retains Client Data, including any personal data, we process on behalf of our clients in accordance with the Cybiant Data Retention Policy.
If you are a customer of one of our clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our clients that uses our service, please contact the client that you interact with directly. Cybiant may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our clients.
Cybiant acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. Cybiant has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, who seeks to correct, amend, delete inaccurate data, or who seeks to withdraw consent to further contact should direct his/her query to the applicable Cybiant client. If the client requests Cybiant to remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 days.
We treat Client Data as the property and confidential information of the applicable Cybiant client. We reserve a limited right to disclose any collected data as required by law, a valid court order, or other request from a governmental authority. Other than under such a limited right, we do not share information collected for one client with our other clients or with any third party.
Cybiant follows our clients’ instructions on cookie placement. To control the placement of cookies set while visiting our clients’ web sites, please consult these clients’ privacy statement and cookie settings.
Changes to this Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, or by means of a notice on our home page prior to the change becoming effective.
If you have any questions about this Statement, please contact us at:
Cybiant Asia Sdn. Bhd.
K03, Level 2A, Menara KL
No 10, Jalan Sultan Ismail
Or via email at: email@example.com.